Real Pirate Treasure? With this authentic Piece of 8 pendant you're ready to sail the save seas...
Next time you read about the great pirates of long ago, Morgan, Blackbeard, Mary Read, Anne Bonny and many others, think of these coins; the coins that drove their raiding and pillaging of land and sea! They are found in caches all the way from Mexico, to the Caribbean, to the northern coast of Africa. They come with a detailed eight page Certificate of Authenticity!
Your Pirate Piece of 8 of Mexico Treasure Coin
- Date: circa 1590
- Denomination: 1 Reale Cob
- Mint: Mexico City, New Spain
- Ruler: King Philip II of Spain
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 18K Gold & Proprietary Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1" Across, 1 1/2" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusader’s Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The shield of King Philip II of Spain
A Note About Rare Spanish Cob Coins: Of all the Spanish “Pieces of Eight,” or, more formally, Eight Reales, none is as famous as the crudely shaped “cob” coin of pirate lore! New World mints produced these irregular shaped, hand-hammered coins nicknamed “cobs” from the Spanish phrase, “cabo de barra” (end of the bar). These coins were produced by pouring a strip of silver and pounding it flat, then cutting chunks of metal to weight. This chunk, or planchet (the term for a metal coin blank before striking) was then placed between two dies and struck with a hammer. The assayer then trimmed the excess silver off. The fineness averaged .931 silver. You see, the Spanish king wasn’t worried about the shape of the coins, just their weight and fineness… this way he knew just how much tax to collect!
Your Genuine Pirate Coin Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, 8 Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card