The Cross & Cathedral Obole Tournois - The Shining Silver Coin of French Crusaders
Please Note: This is an authentic Frankish Crusade-Era Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
Rare survivors of one of the most pivotal times in world history, these delicate, hand-hammered silver pennies portray a medieval cathedral on one side, and on the other, the Cross of Christ - the holy symbol of Christian Crusaders.
Your Cross & Cathedral Obole Tournois
- Denomination: Obole Tournois
- Ruler: Philip IV the Fair (1285-1314)
- Date: 1290 - 1295 AD
- Obverse (Front): The Cross of Christ
- Reverse (Back): Medieval Cathedral
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 18K Gold & Proprietary Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Articulating Bail Interior Diameter: Will accommodate chain or leather necklace up to 5.8mm
- Metal Smith: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 7/8” Across, 1 1/8” Tall
Cross and Cathedral Obole hoards are found along the crusader and pilgrims trails to the Holy Land, especially in Syria, Palestine and more recently in Cilicia (southern Turkey). The coins in our collection were part of a hoard discovered along the Pilgrim Trail many years ago. They had been in a private collection until we acquired them. These coins were used by one of the crusading knights or pilgrims, and amazingly, they have survived to tell us their story.
Your Angel Denier Pendant comes with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card