The Celtic Harp takes center stage!
This wax seal necklace was handmade from an Irish Coin Weight bearing the legendary Celtic Harp. Coin weights were used by merchants to test the weight of a coin... you placed the coin on one tray of the balance scale, and the calibrated coin weight on the other - wha-la, you knew if the coin was a proper weight!
The Celtic Harp is the symbol of Ireland, and appeared on their coins! Coin weights almost always had the same image on them as the coin itself, making it easy to pair the weight to the coin for testing. Now, you can proclaim your love of Ireland (and that you're "Standard" Irish issue yourself) with this hand-crafted necklace.
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Gemstone: Your choice of genuine Blue Sapphire, Pink Sapphire, Green Tsavorite or Ruby - I use only real gemstones!
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1800s
- Sealing Device Origin: Ireland
- Special Note: This seal necklace is hand-made with a bronze coin weight used throughout the 1800s to test the weight of an Irish coin. The coin weight was found by metal detector in Northern Ireland in the 1960s!
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1” Across, 1” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
See the Standard of Ireland seal without gemstones here!
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your Standard of Ireland wax seal pendant was made with the actual coin weight discovered by metal detector decades ago.
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
- A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
- A story card detailing the message of your Sealed in Time piece
- An Embroidered Satin Gift Pouch
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card