The Treasure Lights - Buried Treasure for the Treasure Hunter in All of Us!
Please Note: This is an authentic Spanish 1/2 Reale Piece of Eight Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
When we think of the treasure coins of pirate lore, the silver Spanish colonial coins of Central and South America immediately come to mind. Next time you read about the great pirates of long ago, Henry Morgan, Edward Teach (Blackbeard), John Rackham (Calico Jack), Mary Read, Anne Bonny and many others, these were the coins that drove their raiding and pillaging of land and sea! Even the great, and often maligned, “pirate hunter” Captain William Kidd used these coins to purchase rum and wine for his crew.
Crudely shaped and hand-hammered, these silver pieces of history are some of the most intriguing and beautiful coins ever minted. And because each coin was minted by hand, they are one of a kind. Unlike a machine minted coin, it is impossible for anyone else to posses a coin exactly like yours!
Your Spanish Cob Treasure Coin
- Date: circa 1670
- Denomination: 1/2 Reale
- Mint: Potosi, Peru (present day Bolivia)
- Ruler: King Charles II of Spain
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: Proprietary Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 3/4" Across, 1" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusader’s Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The Monogram of Charles II
How Our Luces del Tesoro Coins are Discovered...
Virtually uncirculated, these silver Spanish cob coins were minted in Potosi, Peru (present day Bolivia) from the late 1500s through 1773 and buried not long after they were minted. Buried in the highly mineralized desert soil above 10,000 feet, locals searched the desolate rural lands on moon-less nights in decades past, in search of eerie glowing lights that hover near the ground. Known in South and Central American lore as Luces del Tesoro, or Luces del Denero ("Money Lights"), they would dig where these lights occurred and discovered coin caches.
Your Spanish Cob Coin Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed,10 Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card