Chinese treasure coins like these were minted during China’s dynasties from 250 BC through 1911 AD. This 2 Cash coin is from China's great Song Dynasty which ruled China from 960 AD - 1279 AD. They are made of bronze and were used for trade throughout the Orient.
This coin was recovered from a shipwreck in the South China Sea. Most likely, it wasbeing carried on a trade vessel that was claimed by the sea during a storm.
These coins were cast (made in a mold) so the square holes helped hold them in place on a wooden dowel for filing. Chinese Cash coins have been considered “Lucky” for centuries, and were often brought back from Asia by visitors for luck!
The script on the coins tells us the dynasty name and the reign title of the ruler, as well as the inscription: Circulating Treasure!
Your Chinese Cash Coin:
- Denomination: 2 Cash
- Date: 960 - 1279 AD
- Coin Metal: Bronze
- Gemstone: Genuine Magnesite
- Clasp Metal: Stainless Steel
- Necklace Material: Multi-strand Waxed Cotton
- Gemstone Disk Size: 1 3/4"
- Length: 30"
Learn more about these fascinating Chinese Cash Coins here>
Your 2 Cash Chinese Treasure Coin Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- An Organza Gift Pouch
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card
- A Treasure Bookmark - because you can never have too many bookmarks