The lovely, darkest green patina of this piece of Celtic Ring Money is highlighted by a rare, raised ridge
Please Note: This is an authentic ancient bronze Celtic Money Ring, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
Celtic bronze ring money dates from 800 to 50 BC, when these sturdy bronze rings were traded as currency among the Celtic tribes of Northeastern Europe, and later, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
Your Ancient Anvil Celtic Ring Necklace:
- Date: 800 - 50 BC
- Coin Metal: Bronze
- Bail Metal: Proprietary, Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1/2” Across, 1” Tall
- Comes complete with a 22" 2mm top-grade center hide leather necklace
While they many not look like money, these bronze rings were used as currency by Celtic tribes and were worn on clothing or tied together with leather or string. Often referred to as “ring-money,” this type of Celtic artifact is rare. These artifacts were hand-made by Celtic craftsmen over 2,000 years ago.
For more information about Celtic Ring Money, click here>
About Ancient Anvil - Exclusive Hand-Hammered Artisan Jewelry Featuring Ancient Bronze Celtic Ring Money: Each piece of Ancient Anvil jewelry is as unique as the Ancient Bronze Celtic Ring it highlights. Crafted by historian, treasure salvor and jewelry artist April Knecht, each is created using the same techniques and hand tools used by the ancients. Because only ancient techniques, hand tools and time-tested, durable metals are used, each Ancient Anvil creation is a one-of-a-kind, heirloom piece of artisan jewelry that can be worn every day.
Your Ancient Bronze Ring Money Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Certificate of Authenticity
- Historical Brief: The People of Ancient Britain
- 22" 2mm Top-grade Center Hide Leather Necklace
- A Gift Pouch
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card