One of the most iconic images of the medieval world - angels raising the victorious Cross of Christ
Angels play a key role in Byzantine Christian art, appearing on every type of artistic expression including coinage. These angels, symbolizing the victory of Christ over death, raise a striking cross between them. The bronze seal ring used to make this pendant is shield-shaped and in pristine condition despite its hundreds of years underground, until it was discovered decades ago. It is wonderful to see such a classic expression of medieval Byzantine art and faith.
Your Medieval Christ Victorious Angel Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 1100 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: Byzantium (modern-day Greece and Turkey)
- Special Note: "Victory comes on Swift Wings:" angels have been associated with victory since ancient times. Pictured with a large, ceremonial cross, the person who commissioned this hand-cast ring wanted a daily reminder of their faith. The bronze seal ring is sturdy and almost perfect - and it gives a clear, striking impression.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1/2” Across, 3/4” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Byzantine Christ Victorious" seal will be created with the actual ancient bronze seal ring!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card