Perhaps the seal of a naval officer or sailor...
The cross - the universal symbol of Christian faith, paired with the anchor - the powerful symbol of hope. Both are framed in a striking shield. But it is the detail in the hand-carved seal that makes this pendant that conveys the powerful message. The halo surrounds the cross, which seems to be standing watch over the anchor of hope. The imagery conveys strength, devotion and treasured beliefs.
Your Faith & Hope Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1860
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: The seal used to make this pendant is a "Chessman" style - named for its shape, which resembles a pawn on the chess board. The top of the handle has a hole so that it can be worn. Often seals like this were suspended from pocket watch fobs so they would be ready for use at any time.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1/2” Across, 7/8” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Faith & Hope" seal will be created with the actual 1860's English hand-carved seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card