One of the most legendary monarchs the world has ever seen...
Please Note: This is an authentic Elizabeth I Six Pence Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
Elizabeth I, the legendary daughter of Henry VIII and his second wife, Anne Boleyn, succeeded to the throne following the death of her half sister, Mary. From her first days on the throne, Elizabeth combined her scholar’s mind and a deft instinct for politics to rule and grow her powerful kingdom. Her reign has been described as “the most colorful and splendid in English history.” Under her leadership the British Empire was founded, the power of Spain challenged on the seas and was finally broken by the defeat of the Armada, the Renaissance and the work of Shakespeare flowered, and the transition from the medieval twilight to a more progressive, modern age began.
And, for Elizabeth fans everywhere, she lives on in the shinning silver coins of her reign. While, by law, her portrait was required to be on the highest surface of the coin, so few survive with an intact portrait, some examples, like this one, have a wonderful, clear date and shield, along with her personal legend: I have made God my helper - in other words, "I have looked to God in all things." Of special note: this specimen was bent at the time of use. Since the middle ages, coins were bent for luck - this was most likely someone's lucky piece, just like in the nursery rhyme:
There was a crooked man,
Who walked a crooked mile.
He found and crooked six pence,
Beside a crooked stile.
Your Elizabeth I Silver Coin
- Date: 1592
- Denomination: Six Pence
- Mint: Tower, London (Yes, the Tower of London!)
- Coin Metal: Sterling Silver
- Bezel Metal: 18K Gold & Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1 1/8" Across, 1 1/2" Tall
The Obverse of the Elizabethan sixpence bears the bust of the queen, with a Tudor Rose behind her head. The beaded inner circle is circumferenced by the proud inscription: ELIZABETH D G AND FRA ET HIB REGINA: Elizabeth by the Grace of God, Queen of England, France and Ireland. The Reverse is quartered by the Long Cross which sits over the Royal Shield with Arms displaying the Passant Lions and Fleurs-de-lis. The inscription reads: POSUI DEUM ADIVITOREM MEUM: I have made God my helper.
Your Elizabethan Treasure Coin Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- Britain's First Coins Historic Brief
- The Creation of the Medieval Long Cross Pennies Historic Brief
- Coin Clipping, High Treason, a Tax on Windows and a Man Named Newton Historic Brief
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card