Ancient Rome... the Legendary Empire Comes to Life with this Iconic Silver Coin!
Please Note: This is an authentic Ancient Roman Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
When we think of great empires of the past, the Roman Empire is usually the first to come to mind. Through legend and lore, modern movies, and even the languages we speak every day throughout the western world, we reflect the achievements of this mighty empire.
And the iconic imagery on this silver denarius reflects the Roman mythos we've inherited. But even the mighty Romans built on past great cultures. Victoria, pictured on this stunning Roman coin with her distinctive wings, was the personification of Victory to the Romans. But to the Greeks, she was Nike.
Your Roman Treasure Coin Pendant
- Coin: Silver Denarius
- Emperor: Septimius Severus
- Ruling Period: 193-217 AD
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 18K Gold and Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 3/4" Across, 1 1/8" Tall
- Of Special Note: The Romans didn't care if the tops of each side of the coin were in line, so it is relatively rare to see a Roman coin that can be worn with either side out. This is one of those rare examples!
This coin, minted by Septimius Severus, is an example of the imagery used by the Romans to convey not only Victory in battle, but Victory over death. Septimius Severus, a emperor successful in battle, chose this image to convey confidence in his government, and to celebrate the victories of his reign.
Interestingly, winged Victory is still with us today. She is said to have inspired the Christian concept of winged heavenly angels. Thus, these coins are sometimes called Angel Denarii!
Your Roman Winged Victory Pendant comes with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by April Knecht
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card