Alexander - strength, determination, legacy…
Alexander the Great of Macedon, was the greatest conqueror of the ancient world. He became the king of Macedonia in 336 BC at the age of 20. He inherited from his father the dream to conquer the Persian Empire, the largest and most powerful empire known to that date. Alexander was a military and organizational genius – considered a god by some and a monstrous tyrant by others.He was educated by Aristotle, and was noted for his unparalleled bravery paired with irresistible charisma. Alexander’s coinage was the most extensive and uniform of the ancient world before the establishment of the Roman Empire.
Your Alexander the Great Silver Drachm
- Denomination: Drachm
- Represented Ruler: Alexander the Great
- Ruling Period: 336-323 BC
- Coin Type: Restoring the Types of Alexander
- Obverse (Front): head of Hercules Wearing Lion Skin
- Reverse (Back): Zeus Enthroned Holding and Eagle and Scepter of Supreme Power. Legend: ALEXANDROU
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 18K Gold & and Proprietary, Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: ¾” Across, 1 ¼” Tall
Alexander earned the epithet “the Great” due to his legendary success as a military commander. He is known to have never lost a battle, despite being constantly outnumbered in the many battles he fought. Alexander also recognized the potential for disunity among his diverse army, which had different customs, languages and weapons, and overcame the difficulties by being personally involved in the military action, in the great traditions of the Macedonian kings.
At his death in 323 BC, in Babylon at the age of 32, Alexander left a world permanently changed – a world in which the Greek language and culture would form the intellectual foundation for the next 300 years and beyond.
Your Alexander the Great Coin Pendant comes with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by April Knecht
Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card