Pirates! Perhaps no other class of seafarers is quite so famous – or infamous!
Please Note: This is an authentic Consolacion Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
But tying shipwreck coins to actual pirates is rare – most treasure galleons sank due to hurricanes, poor navigation or lack of upkeep. But the Treasure of Isla de Muerto (The Treasure of Dead Man’s Island) is the exception… for her cache of glittering treasure went to the bottom because of – yes, you guessed it – PIRATES!
Your Consolacion Shipwreck 8 Reale Pirate Piece of Eight
- Date: 1679
- Denomination: 8 Reale
- Mint: Potosi, Upper Viceroyalty of Peru
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: Proprietary Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1 1/2" Across, 2" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusaders Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The Pillars and Waves (The Pillars of Hercules and Waves of the Atlantic Ocean)
Robert's Notes: Rare double-date with three digit under cross. Visible Cross, Pillars and Waves and dates.
Learn more about the Consolacion shipwreck and pirates... click here>
To see our complete collection of Spanish "Piece of Eight" treasure coins, click here>
Your Isla de Muerto Pendant Comes Complete with:
1. Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
2. A Detailed, Customized, Multi-Page Photo Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
3. "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
4. The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
5. Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
6. A Gift Box
7. A Treasure Jewelry Care Card