Pirates! Perhaps no other class of seafarers is quite so famous – or infamous!
Please Note: This is an authentic Consolacion Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
But tying shipwreck coins to actual pirates is rare – most treasure galleons sank due to hurricanes, poor navigation or lack of upkeep. But the Treasure of Isla de Muerto (The Treasure of Dead Man’s Island) is the exception… for her cache of glittering treasure went to the bottom because of – yes, you guessed it – PIRATES!
This Piece of Eight, salvaged from the wreckage of the doomed Spanish galleon Consolacion, is especially rare – very few 1 Reales were minted compared to the larger, silver-dollar-sized 8 Reale – but even more rare is the fact that it carries two dates, making it one of the choicest pieces of shipwreck treasure ever minted.
Your Consolacion Shipwreck 1 Reale Pirate Piece of Eight
- Date: 1669 RARE Double Date
- Denomination: 1 Reale
- Mint: Potosi, Upper Viceroyalty of Peru
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 14K Gold
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1" Across, 1 1/2" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusaders Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The Pillars and Waves (The Pillars of Hercules and Waves of the Atlantic Ocean)
Robert's Notes: Amazing condition for a 1 Reale coin... it is from the inside of a clump, which preserved its detail. It has a stunning cross, clear Pillars of Hercules with "PLVS VLTRA," mint mark, assayer's initials and rare double dates.
Learn more about the Consolacion shipwreck and pirates... click here>
To see our complete collection of Spanish "Piece of Eight" treasure coins, click here>
Your Isla de Muerto Pendant Comes Complete with:
1. Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
2. A Detailed, Customized, Multi-Page Photo Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
3. "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
4. The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
5. Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
6. A Gift Box
7. A Treasure Jewelry Care Card