From the Waters of Silver Shoals Reef Comes the Glittering Treasure of the Famed Spanish Galleon Concepcion
Please Note: This is an authentic Concepcion Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
On September 28, 1641, the Spanish treasure fleet set sail for Seville, Spain, from Havana, Cuba loaded with silver from new world mines. Minted into the rough-shaped, famous, Spanish 8 Reale (“Piece of Eight”), the treasure was destined to swell the coffers of the merchants who owned most of the treasure, and the powerful Spanish Empire.
This rare 4 Reale – very few of this denomination were made – is a stunning example of the glittering prize that once filled the hold of the fated Concepcion. And this coin is even more rare as it comes with Burt Webber's original Certificate of Authenticity, with the exact coin number. Along with famed shipwreck researcher, Jack Haskins, Webber was the first to discover this legendary treasure galleon in 1979. She was the most famous Spanish galleon discovery in the world until Mel Fisher discovered Atocha off Key West in 1985.
Your Concepcion 4 Reale Piece of Eight
- Date: Circa 1640
- Denomination: 4 Reale (choice condition - only about 12% of the coins minted at this time were 4 reales)
- Mint: Mexico City
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 14K Gold
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1-1/4" Across, 1-3/4" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusaders Cross
- Reverse: (Back): Shield of Philip IV
Note from Robert: This 4 Reale is in "choice" condition and is a perfect size and comfortable weight for a pendant. It was discovered by Burt Webber and his crew in 1979, after they made a failed attempt one year earlier. It has Webber's original numbered Certificate of Authenticity and is true treasure hunter memorabilia. Treasures like these embody the hopes and dreams of generations of historians, treasure salvors and dreamers, and will continue to be a valuable piece of world history for generations to come – a lasting reminder of an age when Kings ruled the land, and Pirates ruled the seas.
Learn more about Concepcion and shipwreck salvage here>
To see our complete collection of Spanish "Piece of Eight" treasure coins, click here>
Your Concepcion Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- Burt Webber original Certificate of Authenticity
- Plus a Detailed, Customized, Multi-Page Photo Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card