From the Waters of Silver Shoals Reef Comes the Glittering Treasure of the Famed Spanish Galleon Concepcion
Please Note: This is an authentic Concepcion Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
On September 28, 1641, the Spanish treasure fleet set sail for Seville, Spain, from Havana, Cuba loaded with silver from new world mines. Minted into the rough-shaped, famous, Spanish 8 Reale (“Piece of Eight”), the treasure was destined to swell the coffers of the merchants who owned most of the treasure, and the powerful Spanish Empire.
This rare 4 Reale – very few of this denomination were made – is a stunning example of the glittering prize that once filled the hold of the fated Concepcion.
Your Concepcion 4 Reale Piece of Eight
- Date: Circa 1640
- Denomination: 4 Reale
- Mint: Mexico City
- Assayer: P
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: Proprietary, Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Articulating Maritime Shackle Bail Interior Diameter: Will accommodate chain or leather necklace up to 5.8 mm
- Metal-smith: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1 1/4" Across, 1 1/2" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusaders Cross
- Reverse: (Back): Shield of Philip IV
Note from Robert: This precious 4 Reale was discovered by Captain Carl Fismer and his crew in 1986. One of the last remaining specimens available from Fismer’s expedition, it embodies the hopes and dreams of generations of historians, treasure salvors and dreamers, and will continue to be a valuable piece of world history for generations to come – a lasting reminder of an age when Kings ruled the land, and Pirates ruled the seas.
Learn more about Concepcion and shipwreck salvage here>
To see our complete collection of Spanish "Piece of Eight" treasure coins, click here>
Your Concepcion Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Customized, Multi-Page Photo Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card