A symbol dating to the dawn of the Celtic peoples - the Triskele
The Triskele, an ancient nature symbol, first appeared in Ireland in 3,200 BC. It was used to symbolize the sun, and also the three great natural forces... earth, sea and sky.
The seal used to make this pendant was one of a set of two unearthed at a Celtic dig site. At almost one inch across, it is the larger of the two. It would have been used by the Druids, and is one of the earliest sealing devices we curate.
The "Branch and Dot" pattern is classic Celt, and it is easy to see how the Triskele became a symbol of the Holy Trinity as Christianity was adopted by the Celtic peoples.
Your Celtic Iron Age Druid Triskele Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 900 BC
- Sealing Device Origin: Ancient Celtic Dig Site
- Special Note: The sealing device used to make this impression was not a ring or other ornament, it is a bronze seal with a stem, or handle. It was custom made for the purpose of making a seal impression. Paired with its smaller partner, they are true treasures of the ancient world, reminding us that in some ways, these ancient peoples were much like us!
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1” Across, 1 1/4” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Iron Age Celtic Triskele" seal will be created with the actual 900 BC bronze sealing device!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card