Medieval crosses were sometimes combined with "arrows" or barbs - to symbolize the "Fisher of Men"
Throughout the 2,000 years of Christianity, many cross types have emerged. From the Latin Cross and Greek Cross to the Maltese Cross, each variation has significant symbolism.
The seal ring used to make this pendant was hand-cast almost 1,000 years ago, and has a barbed patter that symbolizes the "Fisher of Men." Medieval in design, it is strong and clear, like the message it sends.
Your Fisher of Men Cross Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 1100 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: Byzantium (modern-day Greece and Turkey)
- Special Note: The study of cross types is fascination. Each cross is associated with the faith of a unique time and place. This barbed cross is a wonderful example of ancient folk art. Crude and striking, it was hand-carved by an ancient artisan and worn by a person of faith almost 1,000 years ago.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 5/8” Across, 1” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Byzantine Fisher of Men Cross" seal will be created with the actual ancient bronze seal ring!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card