In the world of shipwreck treasure coins, Mel Fisher's Atocha reigns supreme!
Please Note: This is an authentic Atocha Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
Atocha is the most famous Spanish galleon in shipwreck history! Mel Fisher spent 16 years searching for her... and every day he would tell his divers: “Today’s the Day!” Years of trials and heartbreak were endured, along with attacks by the State and Federal government, who wanted to claim what Fisher found along the way. At last, one fateful morning in 1985 he hit the “mother load...” millions upon millions in glittering Spanish silver and gold!
Your Shipwreck Shipwreck Treasure Coin
- Date: Circa 1615
- Mel Fisher Treasure Salvors Certificate of Authenticity
- Denomination: 8 Reale
- Mint: Potosi, Upper Peru - Present Day Bolivia
- Ruler: King Philip III of Spain
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 14K Gold
- Articulating Nautical Shackle Bail Interior Diameter: Will accommodate chain or leather necklace up to 5.8mm
- Metal-smith: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1 1/2" Across, 2 1/8" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusader’s Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The shield of King Philip III of Spain
Robert's Notes: Atocha coins are becoming very difficult to source, and we are excited to be able to offer this stunning coin at this price.
For more on Mel Fisher and Atocha, click here>
To see our complete collection of Spanish "Piece of Eight" treasure coins, click here>
Your Atocha Shipwreck Piece of Eight Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- Official Mel Fisher Treasure Salvors Atocha Certificate of Authenticity
- A frame-able artist's rendering of Atocha created from the original shipwright's plans for Atocha
- An archival photo of what a salvaged "treasure chest" looks like filled with thousands of coins
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card