Strength, Courage, Victory - the legendary Roman Legionnaires' battle-cry
Picture an ancient Roman... most likely the first image that pops into your head is the classic Roman Legionnaire in full military dress. Helmet, sword and shield donned and ready for battle. it is this Roman army soldier who once wore the seal ring used to make this pendant.
The image is classic Roman military. The eagle, symbolizing power and strength, displays a victory wreath in its beak. It is flanked with military standards - the fabric pennants that displayed the military units of the Roman legions. The same roman art can be seen on Roman victory pillars and battle memorials throughout the Roman empire.
Your Ancient Roman Victory Eagle Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 100 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: The bronze seal ring used to make this pendant was unearthed in England, and would have been worn by a Roman soldier during the Roman period of English history. The ring is bronze, and would most likely have belonged to a foot soldier, rather than an officer, who would have more likely worn silver or gold rings. It was hand-cast almost 2,000 years ago, and still works just as well today.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 5/8” Across, 3/4” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Ancient Roman Victory Eagle" seal will be created with the actual 100 AD bronze seal ring!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card