Cannon Beach Treasure Company - History Isn't Boring Anymore!
Anchor - The Mariner's Cross Wax Seal Necklace | Seal Date & Origin: Victorian Portsmouth, England
The anchor - a universal symbol of hope
Anchors - essential in seafaring, and symbolic of hope and strength. Often referred to by sailors as the Mariner's Cross, the symbol of the anchor is one of strength and hope even amidst a vast and sometime troubled sea. This bold anchor is one of our larger seals, making it perfect for both gentlemen and ladies.
Your Anchor Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1840
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: When I lived in England, I loved visiting Portsmouth. Legendary for its docks, historic ships are anchored next to modern military vessels. I purchased this desk seal at a small antique shop in town. Heavy and solid, it was most likely used by a sailor all those years ago.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 3/4” Across, 7/8” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
See the Anchor seal with gemstones here!
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Anchor" seal will be created with the actual 1840's English desk seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Embroidered Satin Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card