The Legendary Shipwreck Admiral Gardner 10 Cash Coin in Luxury Weight, 2mm Brilliant 14K White Gold
These glowing copper coins were minted by the powerful British East India Company in late 1808... and went to their watery grave in January 1809. These top-grade shipwreck coins are the perfect gift for anyone who loves history, pirates, treasure or the British Empire... and let's face it, who isn't fascinated by shipwreck treasure?
Your Admiral Gardner Shipwreck Coin
- Date: 1808
- Denomination: 10 Cash (X Cash)
- Mint: Birmingham, England
- Coin Metal: Copper
- Bezel Metal: 14K White Gold
- Metal Smith: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1 1/8" Across, 1 1/2" Tall
- Articulating Bail Interior Diameter: Will accommodate chain or leather necklace up to 5.8 mm
- Obverse (Front): The crest of the East India Company with the motto, “AUSP: REGIS & SENAT: ANGLIA,” meaning “Under the Auspices of the King and Senate of England.”
- Reverse: (Back): The Persian inscription of the reverse is the diplomatic language of Moghul, India and gives the value in local currency: “10 cash are 2 fulus.
We’re proud to say our collection, including the coin you see here, was once a part of the salvage dive master’s collection, and is a beautiful example of recovered shipwreck treasure, now destined for a very different future as it travels on with you.
To learn more about the wreck of the Admiral Gardner, click here>
Your Admiral Gardner Shipwreck Coin Necklace Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Customized, Multi-Page Photo Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- Historic Brief: Britain's First Coins
- Historic Brief: "Pieces of Eight"
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card