One of the most beautiful and meaningful coins ever minted... by a free Tibet
Please Note: This is an authentic Tibetan Tanka Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
True to its Bhuddist origins, every symbol on these rare coins has a powerful meaning. The reverse, or back side of the coin has an eight-petaled flower at the center, symbolizing the eight paths to enlightenment and good fortune. The Legend around this “compass” reads: Ga-den Palace, Victorious in All Directions. On the obverse, or front to the coin, is a central lotus flower, surrounded by Buddhism’s Eight Auspicious symbols, known collectively as the Ashtamangala.
Your Silver Tibet Tanka:
- Denomination: Tanka
- Date: 1850 - 1948
- Obverse (Front): Central lotus flower, surrounded by Buddhism’s Eight Auspicious symbols, known collectively as the Ashtamangala (see details below)
- Reverse (Back): Eight-petaled flower at the center, symbolizing the eight paths to enlightenment and good fortune
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 14K Gold
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1 1/4” Across, 1 1/2” Tall
If you look at the lotus-centered side of the coin, the symbol directly above it (under the bail of your pendant) is the “Banner.” As you look clockwise around the circle of symbols you will find:
The Victory Banner: This symbolizes the victory of Buddha’s teachings.
The Golden Fish: The state of fearlessness and freedom from suffering.
The Treasure Vase: The vase of abundance which gives health, longevity, wealth and wisdom.
The Lotus Flower: Purity of speech, mind and body.
The Conch Shell: The deep, thrumming sound of the dharma, which awakens all men from ignorance.
The Endless Knot: The intertwining of wisdom and compassion, and the mutual dependence of all men.
The Jeweled Parasol: Protection from evil and illness.
The Wheel of Law: Bhudda’s teachings, in the form of the Noble Eightfold Path.
Note: Your Certificate of Authenticity includes an illustrated guide to each of the symbols.
Your Silver Tibet Tanka Necklace Comes with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by April Knecht
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Presentation Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card