The Pirate Piece of Eight - Buried Treasure for the Treasure Hunter in All of Us!
Please Note: This is an authentic Spanish 1 Reale Piece of Eight Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
When we think of the treasure coins of pirate lore, the silver Spanish colonial coins of Central and South America immediately come to mind. Next time you read about the great pirates of long ago, Henry Morgan, Edward Teach (Blackbeard), John Rackham (Calico Jack), Mary Read, Anne Bonny and many others, these were the coins that drove their raiding and pillaging of land and sea! Even the great, and often maligned, “pirate hunter” Captain William Kidd used these coins to purchase rum and wine for his crew.
Spanish Pillar Dollars are considered by numismatists (including us here at Cannon Beach Treasure Co) one of the most stunning coins ever minted. A transitional currency between the rough "Cob" style Pieces of Eight, and the later Portrait Dollars" this regal design bears the Pillars of Hercules, with the Old and New World between them. The Spanish Crown rests above, under the legend: Two Become One.
Your Spanish Pillar Dollar Treasure Coin
- Date: 1744
- Denomination: 1 Reale
- Mint: Mexico City, Nueva Espana (Mexico)
- Ruler: King Ferdinand VI of Spain
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: Proprietary, Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Articulating Bail Interior Diameter: Will accommodate chain or leather necklace up to 5.8mm
- Metal-Smith: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 7/8" Across, 1 1/4" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Pillars of Hercules, Old and New Worlds, Spanish Crown
- Reverse: (Back): The shield of Ferdinand VI of Spain
Your Spanish Pillar Dollar Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed,10 Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Pouch
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card