The Pirate Piece of Eight - Buried Treasure for the Treasure Hunter in All of Us!
Please Note: This is an authentic Spanish Piece of Eight Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
When we think of the treasure coins of pirate lore, the silver Spanish colonial coins of Central and South America immediately come to mind. Next time you read about the great pirates of long ago, Henry Morgan, Edward Teach (Blackbeard), John Rackham (Calico Jack), Mary Read, Anne Bonny and many others, these were the coins that drove their raiding and pillaging of land and sea! Even the great, and often maligned, “pirate hunter” Captain William Kidd used these coins to purchase rum and wine for his crew.
Crudely shaped and hand-hammered, these silver pieces of history are some of the most intriguing and beautiful coins ever minted. And because each coin was minted by hand, they are one of a kind. Unlike a machine minted coin, it is impossible for anyone else to posses a coin exactly like yours!
Your Spanish Cob Treasure Coin
- Date: circa 1720 - 1740
- Denomination: 1/2 Reale
- Mint: Mexico City, Nueva Espana (Mexico)
- Ruler: King Philip V of Spain
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: Proprietary, Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Nautical Shackle Bail Interior Diameter: Will accommodate chain or leather necklace up to 5.8mm
- Size: 7/8" Across, 1 1/4" Tall - the diameter of a nickle
- Obverse (Front): The Florenzada Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The Shield of King Philip V of Spain
Robert's Note: Very nice little piece with a nice cross, and crown on the reverse.
Your Spanish Cob Coin Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed,10 Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Pouch
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card