Cannon Beach Treasure Company - History Isn't Boring Anymore!
1720-1835 French India Hammered Fleur de Lis Bronze Half Doudou Sterling Necklace
The Classic French Fleur de Lis & the French East India Company
The French East India Company was a commercial enterprise, founded in 1664 to compete with the British and Dutch East India companies in colonial India. The first state-sponsored French voyage to the Indies occurred in 1603, a voyage captained by Paulmier de Gonneville of Honfleur.
While it was never as large as its Dutch and British competitors, the influence of French culture is still felt in Pondicherry, India - its one-time Indian headquarters - to this day. These simple, hammered bronze coins display the proud French fleur-de-lis, and, on the reverse, the Indian Tamil script Puda/Tche/ri.
Your French India Fleur de List 1/2 Doudou Coin Pendant:
- Date: 1720-1835
- Coin Metal: Bronze
- Bezel Metal: Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 3/4” Across, 1 1/4” Tall
Your French India Hammered Fleur de Lis Bronze Half Doudou Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card