1715 Fleet Shipwreck 4 Reale “Piece of Eight” in 18 K Gold & Sterling Silver Pendant
One of the most famed treasure fleets of all time, the 1715 Spanish Treasure Fleet yields some of the most stunning examples of early 1700's silver Spanish "cob" shipwreck treasure coins.
Crudely minted cob coins - short for cabo de barra, or "from the end of the bar," each has it's own unique shape - and combined with the sea wear and stunning patinas, each is a small work of art!
Your 1715 Fleet Shipwreck Treasure Coin
- Date: Circa 1713
- Denomination: 4 Reale
- Mint: Mexico City, New Spain
- Ruler: King Philip 5th of Spain
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 18 K Gold & Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1 1/8 Across, 1 3/4 Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusader’s Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The shield of King Philip 5th of Spain
Note from Robert: This 1715 Fleet 4 Reale is from our Frank Vaughn collection! Exclusive to Cannon Beach Treasure Company, we acquired these from Frank's grandson. Frank was an original investor in the Real Eight company when salvage of the Fleet was just getting started... and he happened to be in charge of the NASA's vehicle mover program back in the day. Coins from this early salvage are some of the most detailed to come off the Fleet. This coin come with an article written about Frank and his work with NASA!
For more on the 1715 Fleet, click here>
Your 1715 Fleet Shipwreck Piece of Eight Pendant Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card