Pirates! Perhaps no other class of seafarers is quite so famous – or infamous!
Please Note: This is an authentic Consolacion Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
But tying shipwreck coins to actual pirates is rare – most treasure galleons sank due to hurricanes, poor navigation or lack of upkeep. But the Treasure of Isla de Muerto (The Treasure of Dead Man’s Island) is the exception… for her cache of glittering treasure went to the bottom because of – yes, you guessed it – PIRATES!
This Piece of Eight, salvaged from the wreckage of the doomed Spanish galleon Consolacion, is especially rare – very few 1 Reales were minted compared to the larger, silver-dollar-sized 8 Reale.
Your Consolacion Shipwreck 1 Reale Pirate Piece of Eight
- Date: 1660
- Denomination: 1 Reale
- Mint: Potosi, Upper Viceroyalty of Peru (Modern Day Bolivia)
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: 18K Gold
- Articulating Bail Interior Diameter: Will accommodate chain or leather necklace up to 5.8 mm
- Metal Smith: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1" Across, 1 1/2" Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusaders Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The Pillars and Waves (The Pillars of Hercules and Waves of the Atlantic Ocean)
Robert's Notes: Amazing condition for a 1 Reale coin... it is from the inside of a clump of coins which was once part of a "treasure chest," which preserved its detail. It has a full cross and clear date.
Learn more about the Consolacion shipwreck and pirates... click here>
To see our complete collection of Spanish "Piece of Eight" treasure coins, click here>
Your Isla de Muerto Pendant Comes Complete with:
1. Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
2. A Detailed, Customized, Multi-Page, Full Color Photo Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
3. "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
4. The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
5. Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
6. A Gift Box
7. A Treasure Jewelry Care Card