The Chi Rho - one of the world's oldest Christograms
The ancient Roman ring used to make this seal bears the Chi Rho,an early Christogram comprised of the superimposed Greek Chi (X) and Rho (P), the first two letters of the Greek word for Christ. Images related to Christianity began to emerge in the Roman empire as early as the 200s AD, and this image is no exception. Dating to approximately 330 AD, it is one of he earliest expressions of the "new" Christian faith that would become the Christianity we know today.
Your Chi Rho Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 330 AD
- Sealing Device Discovery: England
- Special Note: Each ancient seal ring I use for my Sealed in Time pendants is a one-of-a-kind... and I love all of them! But among them, I am most fascinated by Roman rings. Military images, images of gods and goddesses and personal names are found... but my favorite are the Chi Rho rings that began to emerge in the 200s AD. I have two, and love them both. Each is distinct, and each was found by metal detector in England. Custom-made for the wearer, they were a personal sign of Faith then... just as they are now!
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 5/8” Across, 7/8” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Chi Rho" seal will be created with the actual 330 AD Roman Bronze Seal Ring!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card