The legendary shamrock - a symbol of all things Irish!
It is said that each petal of the legendary shamrock has a meaning... Faith, Hope, Love (and on a four-leaf clover, Luck).And St. Patrick is said to have used the three-leaved shamrock to remind followers of the Holy Trinity.
The ancient Celtic druids revered the shamrock, believing it to ward off evil spirits - and this may be why it was linked with luck.Threes played a central role in early Celtic spiritual beliefs - first in the recognition of the triple "kingdoms" of Earth, Sea and Sky, and later as the representation of the core of Christianity, the trinity. The sealing device used to make this pendant was made in the 1820s, and used to seal correspondence in the Dublin, Ireland area.
Your Shamrock Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1820
- Sealing Device Origin: Dublin, Ireland
- Special Note: This seal necklace is hand-made with a brass desk seal made in the 1820's and used throughout the Victorian Era. I purchased it at a small shop in Dublin, Ireland where it was most likely used by by the lady of the house to seal her letters. While it has a few signs of wear, the impression it makes is as charming today as when it was first made.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1/2” Across, 1/2” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
See the Shamrock seal earrings here!
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your Shamrock seal will be created with the actual 1820s seal matrix that once made wax impressions on letters!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
- A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
- A story card detailing the message of your Sealed in Time piece
- An Embroidered Satin Gift Pouch
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card