"Honor God" - the Regal Medieval Lilly Trinity Cross
Bronze "Chessman" wax sealing devices were popular during the middle ages and most often had personal names and images. However the seal used to make this striking pendant is the most regal I've ever seen... the medieval lily cross - often called the trinity cross because of the flared bars of the cross stand for the Father, Son and Holy Spirit - is at the center of the design. The Lombardic script translates to: Honor God. It is amazing to think that someone 700+ years ago used this seal as a statement of their faith, and it has survived intact to this day.
Your Honor God Medieval Lily Cross Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1300 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: Medieval seals like the one used to make this pendant are one of my favorite artifacts. All our metal detectorist friends know to alert me when they find one and are willing to part with it. Of all the seals I've collected for over 20 years, this one is perhaps my very favorite. Striking and significant, it is a testament of Faith then, and now!
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1” Across, 1 1/2” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Lily Cross" seal will be created with the actual 1300 AD Medieval Bronze Chessman Seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card