The ancient Egyptian symbol for Eternal Life
This is my newest seal... it's just shy of 100-years-old! This pendant is made with a seal ring that was made in the late 1920s when all of Europe was going "Tut" crazy with the 1922 discovery of King Tut's tomb. It bears a large, striking Ankh... the symbol of life to the ancient Egyptians - a symbol that is still seen today. Perhaps the most recognized of all ancient Egyptian symbols, it is a powerful reminder of the eternal nature of life.
Your Egyptian Ankh Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 1925 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: Seal rings of this era are often reminiscent of Victorian style, and this ring is no exception. Large and showy, with scrolled designs, I discovered it in a tiny second-hand shop in London and was thrilled to get it. It makes a deep, stunning image, as you see here.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 3/4” Across, 1 1/4” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Egyptian Ankh" seal will be created with the actual 1920s AD Sterling Silver seal ring!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card