"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." John 1:29
Bronze "Chessman" wax sealing devices were popular during the middle ages and most often had personal names and images. However this stunning seal pictures the Lamb, symbolic of Christ with the cross behind, and the Lombardic legend that translates to: Behold the Lamb of God.Typically medieval, the artistic quality of this seal is stunning. Once used by a person of faith over 700 years ago, the seal used to make this pendant is just as usable today as it was all those centuries ago!
Your Lamb of God Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1300 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: Medieval seals like the one used to make this pendant are one of my favorite artifacts. All our metal detectorist friends know to alert me when they find one and are willing to part with it. I was on the hunt for a Christian seal for decades, and this one was discovered in England in near perfect condition (a miracle in and of itself). It makes a deep, beautiful impression!
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 3/4” Across, 1” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Lamb of God" seal will be created with the actual 1300 AD Medieval Bronze Chessman Seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card