Sol Invictus - the Roman Sun god - a symbol unconquered power
The sun has been revered since time immemorial. The literal "giver of life" the Romans worshiped Sol, the sun god, throughout the Republic and Empire periods. Immortality, light, warmth and unrivaled power all came from the sun. This image on this pendant, made from an ancient Roman bronze seal ring, was cast as a reminder of the prime importance of the sun and its power.
Your Ancient Roman Sol Sun Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 275 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: The bronze seal ring used to make this pendant was unearthed in England, and it is a larger size... probably worn by a man. There is no way of knowing where it was made. Perhaps it was made in England, however, it could just of easily traveled from the Continent on the finger of a Roman citizen.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 5/8” Across, 1” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Ancient Roman Sol/Sun" seal will be created with the actual 275 AD bronze seal ring!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card