One of the first examples of the legendary Irish symbol of love, loyalty and friendship...
Love, loyalty and friendship; the Claddagh, with its prominent heart, being held by two hands, with a crown above, has become one of the most enduring symbols of Ireland. Based on a legend of a young man sold into slavery to a goldsmith in a far off land, who never forgot his lost love back home, it is a classic tale of love conquers all.
Each day, the young man would save the gold shavings from his bench. Year after long year, he eventually had enough gold to fashion a ring for his lost love back home. He crafted a ring depicting a heart, held by two hands, with a crown above. Years of faithful service were rewarded and he was released. Upon his return to Ireland, he presented his love with the Claddagh ring and the two lived happily-ever-after.
Your Claddagh Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Gemstone: Your choice of genuine Blue Sapphire, Pink Sapphire, White Sapphire, Green Tsavorite or Ruby - I use only real gemstones!
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1600 AD
- Sealing Device Origin: Yorkshire, England
- Special Note: This rare cross pattee sealing device (a cross pattee describes a sealing device, or matrix, that is in the shape of a cross and has a seal at each arm end) was unearthed by a treasure hunter in York, England. This type of cross pattee seal has shallow carvings, so while the impression it creates is shallow, there is no mistaking the Claddagh design.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 1/2” Across, 1/2” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
See the Claddagh seal without gemstones here!
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your Claddagh seal will be created with the actual 1700's English cross pattee bronze seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
- A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
- A story card detailing the message of your Sealed in Time piece
- An Embroidered Satin Gift Pouch
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card