Arthur C. Clarke’s Taj Mahal Sunken Treasure
Please Note: This is an authentic Taj Mahal Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact pendant in the photographs and description.
Just over three hundred years ago, in Surat, India, a mountain of silver rupees was placed on board a Indian trade vessel bound for the riches of the Orient by way of the Spice Route. The rupees had been minted by order of Shah Aurangzeb Alamgir, the sixth and last great Mughal (Mogul) emperor of India. Aurangzeb was the son of Shah Jahan, builder of the most magnificent memorial in the world: the sun-white, glistening, marble towered Taj Mahal.
Your Taj Mahal Sunken Treasure Coin Pendant:
- Denomination: 1 Rupee
- Date: 1702 AD
- Legend: Shah Aurangzeb Alamgir, the ruler, throne adorner, world grasper, struck coin in the world like the shining full Moon
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Bezel Metal: Proprietary Non-Tarnishing Sterling Silver
- Jewelry Artist: Robert Lewis Knecht
- Size: 1” Across, 1 1/2” Tall
Sailing with the equatorial Trade Winds, the trader rounded the southern tip of India and pointed her bow at Ceylon (Sri Lanka), a tiny island dangling off the southern tip of the Indian continent. After taking anchor at Galle Harbor, Ceylon, while rounding the southern tip of Sri Lanka, the trader, possibly caught in a typhoon, met her fate on Great Basses Reef. There is no record of survivors . . .
In 1961, the remains of the shipwreck was discovered, and in 1963, Sir Arthur C. Clarke, and his dive associates recovered the treasure on the treacherous Great Basses Reef. Buried among the debris were concreted masses of silver rupees. Flowing across the obverse, just below the date, is the poetic couplet “Shah Aurangzeb Alamgir, the ruler, throne adorner, world grasper, struck coin in the world like the shining full Moon.”
Your Taj Mahal Sunken Treasure Coin Pendant comes with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
A Coin Translation Guide
- A Letter from Sir Arthur C. Clarke
- A DVD of the Documentary Film produced by Robert Lewis Knecht about the Taj Mahal Sunken Treasure: Arthur C. Clarke: before 2001, Written by Arthur C. Clarke and Robert Lewis Knecht
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- A Gift Box
- A Treasure Jewelry Care Card
Learn more about the Taj Mahal Sunken Treasure here>
For More on the Taj Mahal Sunken Treasure...