This personal seal may have belonged to a fisherman or sailor
Please Note: This is a hand-crafted wax seal pendant made with the sealing device described. Each piece is unique, and you will receive the exact wax seal pendant in the photographs and description.
A small vessel with three oars; the most striking think about the seal that makes this pendant if the Cross mast soaring high above. It appears almost as an anchor, the universal symbol of faith - often called a mariner's cross. The art on this seal is classic medieval. Strong, ornamented and beautifully balanced.
Your Ship with Cross Mast Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver - Luxury Weight & Thickness for Added Depth
- Gemstone: Lab Created Alexandrite Seal Stone
- Sealing Device Date: 1300s
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: This pendant is made from a classic medieval "Chessman" seal - named because it is the size and shape of a pawn on a chess board. It was unearthed by metal detector in wonderful condition and has a rich bronze glow. Seals like this were personal devices used and worn by people to seal contracts and personal correspondence.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 5/8” Across, 1” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Medieval Ship with Cross" seal will be created with the actual 1300's bronze chessman seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Embroidered Satin Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card