Early dragons were powerful symbols of protection...
It's hard to find a county in England that doesn't have a "dragon tale" to tell. Whether they are mythic ancient tales of a fierce beast that devoured the locals, or created a landscape littered with hills and caves, dragon lore seems as ancient as the land itself.
But dragons weren't always monsters... early dragons were revered and magical creatures that could, and would, protect all those where were pure of heart. This early depiction of the famed dragon is wingless, with a large head and tail. The image dates to about 100 BC, and comes from a bronze seal ring cast at that time.
Your Ancient Dragon Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 100 BC
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: The sealing ring used to make this impression was hand-cast for someone over 2,000 years ago. The image is stylized but still clear and sharp. This is from the Romano/Celtic period in English history, and could have been used and owned by a Roman or a Celt, however, the Celts often featured dragons in their art, so if I had to make a guess, I'd bet Celtic!
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 5/8” Across, 3/4” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Ancient Dragon" seal will be created with the actual 100 BC bronze seal ring!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card