The Age of Discovery... a three-masted ship at sail
This seal is made from an early Age of Discovery bronze chessman seal made in the medieval design... which makes sense, as by the 1600s, England was exploring the globe. With it's strong masts, yards and yards of sail and wooden hull, the classic sailing vessel was as much a symbol for adventure and discovery then as it is now. Part of our nautical collection, it is perfect for someone with a sense of adventure!
Your 3 Masted Sailing Ship Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: 1600s AD
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: I love chessman seals. Named "chessman" because they look like chess pawns, the images on these hand-crafted bronze seals are deeply cast and create striking images. This ship is no exception - the image is crisp and clear. This one was discovered by metal detector in Cambridgeshire.
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 3/4” Across, 1 1/4” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Sailing Ship" seal will be created with the actual 1600s bronze chessman seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card