Our larger "Faithful Dog" is made from a hand-carved seal
Perhaps the most beloved animal in human history, the 150-year-old wax sealing device used to make this pendant celebrate the most faithful of companions... your dog. I collect every historic dog seal I can find, and the one used to make this pendant was hand-carved into agate by a Victorian artisan - it is one of a kind!
Perfect for the dog lover, or as a remembrance of that special soul who has crossed the rainbow bridge, this small seal is a simple, beautiful testament to a best friend.
Your Faithful Dog Seal:
- Metal: .999 Fine Silver
- Sealing Device Date: Circa 1880
- Sealing Device Origin: England
- Special Note: Hand-carving of semi-precious stones into seals - engraving - was an art form that reached it's zenith during the Victorian era. I love that someone chose this particular image to have carved into a personal seal. I imagine them using it while their dog was laying at their feet!
- Jewelry Artist: April Knecht
- Size: 5/8” Across, 3/4” Tall, 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain included
Please Note: I create each piece of Sealed in Time jewelry one-at-a-time by hand. Slight variances are natural, and are part of the joy of a hand-crafted piece of jewelry! Your "Faithful Dog" seal will be created with the actual 1880's English agate seal!
Your Sealed in Time Pendant comes with:
A 20" Antiqued Stainless Steel Chain
A Detailed, Multi-Page Historic Brief: Seals Have Bound Our Promises Across Time Researched and Written by April Knecht
A story card detailing the message and symbolism of your Sealed in Time piece
An Linen Gift Pouch
A Treasure Jewelry Care Card