There is an interesting hammer mark on this coin's cross...
Please Note: This is an authentic 1715 Fleet Shipwreck Treasure Coin, and you will receive the exact coin in the photographs and description.
One of the most famed treasure fleets of all time, the 1715 Spanish Treasure Fleet yields some of the most stunning examples of early 1700's silver Spanish "cob" shipwreck treasure coins.
Crudely minted cob coins - short for cabo de barra, or "from the end of the bar," each has it's own unique shape - and combined with the sea wear and stunning patinas, each is a small work of art!
Your 1715 Fleet Shipwreck Treasure Coin
- Date: Circa 1710
- Denomination: 8 Reale
- Mint: Mexico City, New Spain
- Ruler: King Philip V of Spain
- Coin Metal: Silver
- Weight: 25.9 grams
- Size: 33mm Across, 32mm Tall
- Obverse (Front): The Crusader’s Cross
- Reverse: (Back): The shield of King Philip V of Spain
Note from Robert: This coin has an interesting hammer mark on cross, nice shield and is a nice, thick coin.
For more on the 1715 Fleet, click here>
To see our complete collection of Spanish "Piece of Eight" treasure coins, click here>
Your 1715 Fleet Shipwreck 8 Reale Comes Complete with:
- Our 100% Authentic Lifetime Guarantee
- A Detailed, Multi-Page Certificate of Authenticity Researched and Written by Robert Lewis Knecht
- "Pieces of Eight" Historic Brief
- The Coins of the Lost Galleons Book
- Treasure Hunters Gazette Booklet
- Placement in an Archival Air-Tite Capsule