Confused? Flummoxed? Ready to just give up and resort to socks and underwear?
STOP! (No one deserves socks and underwear for the holidays… except maybe that really mean kid from A Christmas Story)
Cannon Beach Treasure Company can smooth that furrowed brow, solve your toughest gift-giving problems, and restore peace and order to the universe. (OK, that may be pushing it, but giving someone the perfect gift does create a pocket of peace and order at a quantum level… we’ve done studies in our Conservation Lab to prove it… really!)
And we guarantee you will never hear, “Oh… I already have that…”
So – without further forays into theoretical physics – Read on as we give you the ultimate gift ideas for those wonderful people in your life… starting with, that ever-stress-inducing giftee class: Dads and Grandpas!
I know, just thinking about what to give the men in your life can make you crazy! However, we have dealt with this particular crisis for years… and, we have the solution! Dads and grandpas love gifts with meaning – and history! So, unless you’ve already opted for a tie with the Magna Carta printed on it, may we suggest the following:
1. The World-Famous “Piece of Eight” – yep, it’s guaranteed better than socks for several hundred years running! (I mean really, did you ever hear of pirates raiding and pillaging for a nice pair of argyles or two?)
2. Coins from the great Age of Exploration – Now Dad or Papa can go sailing the seven seas with the British, Dutch or Portuguese!
3. Our Instant Treasure Collections – If dad loves to dive into the history (see what I did there), an Instant Treasure Collection may just be perfect… he will get a ship’s hold full of multi-page Certificates of Authenticity to pour over with his treasure!
This year may find you mulling over what to get for that one of a kind mom or nana. Now you can skip the crazy sweater or penguin-shaped slippers… and get her a one-of-a-kind gift of history she can wear!
1. A Biblical Mite Pendant or Earrings from the time of Jesus’ birth and ministry.
2. Celtic Ring Necklaces in sterling silver, or our new leather collection with genuine gemstones.
3. A Sealed in Time wax seal pendant in one of dozens of designs – you can choose the one that will have the most meaning for your mom or nana!
Got someone to get a holiday gift for that you can’t pry away from the treasure hunting shows on the telly? (Don’t worry, it’s a fairly common problem – no cure, but with rum it can be effectively managed.) Then check out this list, guaranteed to make their treasure-hunting dreams come true!
1. An ancient Greek hemidrachm, drachm or tetradrachm. Don’t worry if this is all Greek to you – all you need know is that these BC Greek coins were minted with images lions, Hercules, eagles and other powerful images… and are some of the earliest coins ever minted –Alexander the Great coins.
2. Spanish treasure coins of Mexico and Peru – the famed “Pieces of 8” long buried but now discovered, conserved and fully documented.
3. Treasures of the British Isles – discovered by metal detector throughout the land of fabled history, each of these treasures is a find in its own right.
Give our in-house treasure hunter Robert a call, he’d love to help you get your treasure fan just what they’re dreaming of this year. 503.436.1626
Lost Pirate Treasure… no words perk up ears more than these! The British pirate Bartholomew Sharp felt the same way when he heard tales of heavily laden Spanish treasure galleons over on the less defended “Pacific” side of South America. His attempts to pillage and plunder the Spanish treasure galleon Consolacion in 1681 off Isla de Muerto were to no avail though, and he never recovered this treasure he sought - the Spanish scuttled the ship before he could claim his gleaming prize. Fast forward over 300 years and modern treasure salvors recovered the precious cargo that slipped through pirate hands.
Now, you can reclaim one of these lost treasures for the Treasure Hunter in your life – will you do it in the name of piracy and claim the victory Sharpe never won? Or will you do it in the name of the Spanish sailors who burned their ship to avoid being taken by the enemy? Whether you choose a Consolacion treasure… or one from the 1715 Fleet, whose salvage camp was famously attacked by pirate Pete Jennings… or one of our lost pirate treasures of Mexico or Peru, you will be a hero to your arm-chair treasure hunter!
1. Our Isla de Muerto Consolacion collection of rare shipwreck coins.
2. Legendary 1715 Fleet treasure – the Pieces of 8 the pirates didn’t get…
3. Gleaming silver treasures from the Golden Age of Piracy.
Calling all Gladiator fans – come on, you know the type! If you’ve got an honorary ancient warrior on your list this Holiday season, go all out! After all, how amazing is the gift of a warrior coin he can wear every day (along with his sword and scabbard).
1. Ancient Roman Empire bronze and silver coins recently unearthed in Spain, Britain and France.
2. A Viking Solar Cross – the quintessential Viking seafaring symbol for anyone who is ready to “Go a-Viking” (the term “Viking” means a nautical adventure… to “go a-Viking” means to sally forth on a seafaring adventure – who knew?)
3. Crusader’s coins and crossesrecovered along the Pilgrims’ Trail to the Holy Land.
4. Samurai Coins featuring the beautiful artistry of Japan’s Edo Period.Japan’s legendary warriors lived by the Bushido Code – Justice, Courage, Mercy, Politeness, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty, and Character and Self Control. Your honorary samurai can keep the legacy alive with these stunning and unique gold and silver coins.
We’re here every day this holiday season, so just give us a ring! 503.436.1626
You know you have a shipwreck fanatic on your hands when you mention a hurricane, and the first thing they mention is Spanish Treasure! Well, to be fair, there’s nothing quite like the glittering treasure of yesteryear, recovered and gleaming in all its glory (stop us before we reach for a glass of rum and wax poetic)…
Back to the holiday shopping rush… if you want to make their holiday, and, quite possibly their year, check out these gift-giving ideas:
1. The last few pieces of the Taj Mahal Sunken Treasure coins(these coins were recovered by Sir Arthur C. Clarke before he wrote 2001: a space odyssey, which makes them a great choice for the SCI-FI fanatic as well).
2. Copper British East India Company trade coins that sank on their way to India.
3. The shipwreck treasure to end all shipwreck treasure – silver reales from Mel Fisher’s Nuestra de Atocha, the famed Spanish treasure galleon that sank off Key West, Florida in 1622.
Tired of brightly colored plastic toys littering your landscape? Perhaps a stocking-stuffer of treasure is in order! Choose from a range of treasure coins and artifacts from $17 – whether it’s Chinese Shipwreck coins, a millions-of-years-old fossil or genuine British and Dutch East India Company treasures – you can stuff their socks with the real thing! For those just acquiring a love of history, may we suggest:
1. Chinese treasure coin wrap bracelets – featuring Tang dynasty shipwreck coins about 1,000 years old, these bracelets are loved by guys and girls alike and are completely adjustable.
2. Fossils… because something that was alive millions of years ago that has been transformed into a rock is just really, really cool!
3. Admiral Gardner shipwreck coins – affordable and stunningly detailed, these coins of the British East India Company embrace the history of pirates, the Age of Exploration, the creation of the modern world, and a whole bunch of fascinating history in between!
What do you get for that special someone who means the most to you? Not an easy task. This one may call for that one-of-a-kind treasure creation… to get your creative juices flowing, how about:
1. A pure silver pendant with two hearts tied with a ribbon above the words: “For Ever”… hand made with a Victorian wax sealing device.
2. Matching treasure coin pendants for you and the one you love.
3. The gleaming gold of empires past – whether Spanish doubloons, Portuguese cross coins, ancient Byzantine treasures, unique and stunning Japanese samurai gold pieces, or stunning medieval French masterpieces, each of these treasures is a once-in-a-lifetime heirloom gift like none other!
We would love to help you make your holidays the best ever! After all, we are honorary Santa’s elves (and we’ll be sure and keep your secret!)
Call our History Hotline at 503.436.1626 to get the perfect gift winging its way to you – or directly to the one you love!
Comments will be approved before showing up.